Sunday, November 14, 2010

A new blog, a new direction

I have always been interested in saving money. This started when I was the wife of a newly enlisted Airman, who was making $800 a month (and it took several months before we were able to get a food or housing allowance). We started with the basics and slowly added on. Unfortunately, we also accumulated a lot of debt. It wasn't that we didn't KNOW better-who doesn't KNOW better-it is that we just didn't have any self control. Still I read The Tightwad Gazette and Miserly Moms, and did the best I could.
Now I find myself with so much college loan debt, and a new man who make much less than the last (but I have a job now). With a baby, though, I find myself wanting to be home, and afraid it will never happen. So I am starting this blog to inspire (myself mainly) to spend a little less with the goal of enjoying a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment