Monday, November 15, 2010

Hmmm

I am wondering what direction this blog will go. I could focus on bargains or tips or something else. I am not quite sure yet. But I tell two little things I am trying to incorporate into my lifestyle.
One is simple-turning off lights. I love a bright, well-lit house. I do not like paying high electric bills. So I am slowly switching to energy saver bulbs and trying to remember to turn out lights. I say trying because just behind me in the kitchen two lights are glowing.
Second, I have been reading about how electronics are always using some energy  when they are plugged in. Obviously some things will always be plugged in, such as large appliances. And others (the coffeemaker and toaster, I will unplug). Right now, we have decided to unplug the powerstrip for the TV at night, but not each time we turn it off. It does involve moving the entertainment center a foot or so for access whenever we mess withthe plugs. We'll see how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment