Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hillbilly Housewife

Hillbilly Housewife is a site (with a fun name) that has been around a while. It has lots of money saving ideas, particularly recipes, and even has a 45 dollar emergency menu. Although, I think I saw an article on there explaining why the old 45 dollar menu was now a 70 dollar one (and some people say inflation isn't a big problem).
If you type in "emergency menu" to any search engine you will come up with several sites to menus of various prices. I don't find 70 a week to be a big savings, but 25 a week can be done. If you are strapped for holiday cash, it might be better than pulling out a credit card, to first see where you can cut back. I decided I will not use credit cards for Christmas again. I have always limited what I buy the kids to $150 each (plus stocking stuffers). If this is not enough, then it is their own discontent and not skimpy scroogishness on my part.

If I were to have the lifestyle I really want, I would limit it to one new item, and several used. Unfortunately, I have been unable to get my sweetie on board with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment