Friday, November 19, 2010

Freezing Food

I was reading in Dollar Stretcher (a mediocre money-saving email pamplet) about freezing foods to save time. This particular article focused on baked goods (muffins, biscuits, and pancakes). I wondered if this would be a good idea for me. It would be great to be able to bake a recipe on the weekend and then grab and nuke a muffin for a quick Monday breakfast. I am not sure it is the way for me, though. First of all, I eat too much. So even if I did mange to get some yummy smelling baked goods into the freezer-would they stay there? I am not so sure.
Secondly, baked goods are fairly quick anyway. Are they worth taking up freezer space? I am not sure.
What I really want is a small freezer seperate from my fridge. Then I could take advantage of great meat deals and stock up. Also, when I do cook too much, I could put some aside for a later meal. I just don't have space for that at this point.

But how much should I sink into a freezer. Do I want to shell out the money for a new one, or take my chances on a used freezer. Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment