Friday, May 27, 2011

Definitely a "money free" weekend.

I am overdrawn on my checking account. Somewhere in my head, I thought I had at least a couple hundred (and I was worried about that being too little). I forced myself to check, despite the queasiness in my stomach something akin to checking my grade on a college paper. And there it was. It isn't an enormous amount. I will have money to deposit from Karl next week. It's frustrating, though. I keep thinking of what I shouldn't have bought for the students this week And the tickets to the movies I shouldn't have got the kids last week. And so on. But, what's done is done, so now to make the best of it.

First, I am not going to drive out to get my milk this weekend. I emailed the guy. I am embarrassed, but seriously, raw milk is a luxury I can forgo until I have more money.
Second, I am going to scrounge up change wherever I can find it to put gas in the van.
Third, I am going to use the tips from a previous posting to have a "money free" weekend.

Here is what I want to do:  Plans

No comments:

Post a Comment