Saturday, May 28, 2011

Changes

Well, the Bulls are now done for the year, having lost to the evil, awful Miami Heat, and so it is time to get rid of cable. I decided I am going to go with DSL from AT&T for internet (only 20 a year for the first year). Of course, with taxes and fees it will be around 35 most likely, but it is still cheaper than mediacom. Right now, my mediacom bill is $72 for cable, and 55 for internet. Of course, internet is "only" 45, but they now charge 5 for the modem and 5 for a "line" use. Whatever. I will just go back and forth between the two every year, if that's what it takes.
Activation isn't until June 2nd, so I suppose I will keep cable until Karl gets the DSL set up. I just hope it works well with the wireless router we have. I don't want to have to buy another.

Since we have a wii, netflix is a great cheap buy. Sometimes it requires a little patience (it does take a movie two days to get here), but so many interesting shows and movies are instantly available.

I suppose it will be hard to fill long summer nights without the benefit of a baseball game, but I will survive.


No comments:

Post a Comment