Sunday, May 22, 2011

Am I Out of Touch?

I am watching HGTV (I think?), where they are showing first time homeowners what they can afford to buy. What I want to know is, are these people normal? Does everyone go into buying an "used" home with the expectation that they must upgrade immediately? What would happen if they lived with plastic counters for a few years before putting in the apparently necessary granite?
What would happen, if they left the original bathroom tiles intact.
I guess as long as they have the money, it doesn't matter, but...I don't get it. Why does everything have to be brand spankin' new? Or is it just because they know they are on TV and have to impress their friends?

Dunno. I'd love a formica topped, big wood cabinet kitchen from the 20's.

1 comment:

  1. well , they probably didn't have formica in the 20s..but you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete