Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Boo...Money woes.

A house I love love is on the market, and interest rates are really low. The problem? My credit score is low as well. In fact, just having my student loans hurts me, even though right now I qualify for income-based payment, where I wouldn't need to pay any back at my income.

So...no house for me for awhile.
Also, I was playing with the tax books, and when we get married, Karl and I will lose thousands of dollars. Right now I "pay" about 1400 in federal taxes, but I get several thousand in credits back. So I make out with about 5000. Karl gets about 3000 back. But when we get married, we lose all credits, and have to pay about 4000 a year in federal taxes. No wonder people become republicans. It is going to hurt. Personally, I would rather not get married, it just doesn't seem logical, but I doubt Karl will agree to that. He would rather lose the money and be married. Sigh.


I guess someone has to pay for all these things...and I do believe in programs such as food stamps and medicaid, because gosh, we would have had to line up at the soup kitchen while I finished college otherwise. I just wish...I don't know. I just want more money, lol.

1 comment:

  1. I redid the taxes again, and actually I should still get a bit of a refund with the current tax laws. That makes me feel a little better about tying the whole know...gasp. Breath

    ReplyDelete