Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas!

Christmas time is always a major budget killer. I generally try to stick to $150 per kids, but that doesn't include stocking stuffers, which can really add up. This Christmas I have stuck to the 150, but I still need to buy for my mom and brothers (the ones who will be in town), sister-in-law, and niece and nephews. Frustrating, since my wallet is screaming in agony "Нет" (or nyet) each time I open it. I don't want to stoop to dollar store stuffers, because I can imagine how I would feel to wake up to a sock full of dollar store stuff. But the budget is really tight. I would like to stick in Barnes and noble cards or something, but for 3 kids, that adds up!

I guess I will just have to really curb the extra shopping. We spend 10 to 20 several mornings a week on our way to school/work. I think I will stock up on cheap candy to pass out as rewards at school. I am usually afraid I will eat it, but recently I have  discovered a new willpower.

We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. My wallet is not screaming Hem! Ha! I had the Russian letters in there, but apparently, they don't post. Boo, Blogspot!

    ReplyDelete