Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Internet Woes

I don't like computers. Networking, figuring IP addresses, all that stuff is purely annoying. I just want them to work. Since I am in a budget crisis due to rising food and gas costs, I did the responsible thing, researched internet companies and made the switch.
DSL came. I had no problems getting set up with the internet, but we could NOT get the wireless router set up with it. In frustration, I decided to stick with cable for internet. I turned in the remote and cable box, and explained that  I still wanted to keep internet. Well, that's an additional 10 a month, which means my bill will be nearly 75 or 80 with fees just for internet. AND they will charge me 40 to disconnect the cable. I decided to try setting up the dsl again. Same thing.
I have followed every tutorial I can find, but I can't get it to work with wireless.
I am so frustrated. They charge $200 to have someone come set it up, and even customer service has a charge. As a last ditch effort, my ex is going to come look at it. But I don't know what to do. Should I cancel the cable modem before the person comes to disconnect the tv (they said I would have to wait 7 days to disconnect everything, because they want to charge an extra week). Or stick with the cable modem which works, and just send all the ATT stuff back and deal with the bill for nothing. I don't know. I am so frustrated.
I know that somehow the DSL should work with wireless. But am I going to have to shell out 90 for the att router so I will be able to get their tech support?

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment