Saturday, April 16, 2011

Violet Sugar

Another blog suggested making violet sugar.

I plan to try it this weekend if I can find enough violets. My yard is quite tiny, but there are usually a lot at my dad's house where I grow my vegetable garden.

Garden update. Sad. I am not very good at gardening  yet. Part of the problem is I have to turn the ground with a shovel. I don't mind, but I can only do a bit at a time. My seedlings didn't prosper either. Next time, I will spend the extra bucks for the little peat pellets. That has always worked best for me. I was hoping to save money by using old egg cartons. The seeds grew fine, but they didn't transfer well. Maybe if I followed the rules for hardening it would help. I set them out on a such a windy day.
Perhaps I need to be more patient and stop rushing it. It's hard when I have to work during the week and need to get everything done on the weekend. But! I will keep trying. I can do this.

1 comment:

  1. I made both violet and lilac sugar. We will see how they turn out! It's takes a couple weeks for the flavors to infuse with the sugar.

    ReplyDelete